Financial support services

Financial counselling is a free, independent and confidential service that can help you think through how to manage your Redress payment. Financial Counsellors can also provide referrals to other services if additional support is required.

To speak to a financial counsellor, call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 or visit the National Debt Helpline website.

Words used on this page

People can apply for this as part of the National Redress Scheme. Depending on where people live they will receive a lump sum to pay for services in their local area or a referral to services.
Institutional Child Sexual Abuse
When the child sexual abuse occurred, for example, on the premises of an institution, or where activities of an institution took place (such as a camp), or by an official of an institution.
National Redress Scheme
The Australian Government set up the National Redress Scheme to provide redress to people who experienced institutional child sexual abuse. The offer of redress can include: access to counselling, a redress payment and a direct personal response.
Redress Payment
People can apply for this payment as part of the National Redress Scheme.