This month in the National Redress Scheme – April 2019
The following institutions joined the Scheme in April:
- Benedictine Community of New Norcia
- Child and Family Services Ballarat (CAFS)
- Scouts Tasmania
- Yeshivah - Beth Rivkah Schools
The fifth group of Anglican organisations represented by Anglican Representative limited also joined, they include:
- Anglican Diocese of Armidale
- Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn
- Anglican Diocese of Wangaratta
- Anglicare North Queensland
- Anglicare Victoria
When an institution has completed all the necessary steps to join the Scheme, the list of these institutions is updated on the Search for Institutions that have joined the Scheme page on this website. An interactive map is also now available on this website for users to choose a state or territory from the map, to find out what institutions have joined in your area.
The Scheme also released a list of institutions who have not yet joined the Scheme on this website. This list is available on the institutions not yet joining the Scheme page. This list provides information and transparency for people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse that may be considering applying for redress.
As at 26 April 2019:
- The Scheme received over 3,600 applications.
- 148 Redress payments have been made.
- In addition, a further 24 offers have been made. Applicants have six months to consider their offer.
- The average Redress payment amount is around $82,635.
Redress Support Services are available to help people understand the Scheme, provide emotional support and guide people through the application process. A list of support services is available.
Those who need immediate emotional support can contact:
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- 1800 Respect 1800 737 732
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)