This month in the National Redress Scheme – June 2019
The National Redress Scheme – one year on
The first anniversary of the National Redress Scheme is an opportunity to think about what is working well and to consider what needs improvement.
In the first 12 months of operation, the commonwealth and every state and territory joined the Scheme, and forty-seven non-government institutions, representing more than 40,000 individual sites, are participating.
As of 21 June 2019
- The Scheme has received over 4,100 applications
- 229 Redress payments have been made
- In addition, 85 offers have been made. Applicants have six months to consider an offer
- The average Redress payment is around $83,000.00
- The National Redress Scheme has answered more than 40,000 phone calls
The National Redress Scheme website has had over 877,000 page views. There is still, however, much to do to ensure the Scheme can support individuals while providing the Redress as quickly as possible.
Redress Support Services are available to help people understand the Scheme, provide emotional support and guide people through the application process. A list of support services is available.
If you need immediate emotional support you can contact:
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- 1800 Respect 1800 737 732
- In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)